Friday, June 14, 2013

Now is the time!

It's not that simple to run a travel agency by your own. There are paperwork, licence fees and advertising. And of course the actual organizing/leading a trip. I started this business 'cos I thought that there must be many enthusiastic photographers out there wanting to capture and experience the African wildlife like me. I love to see people get excited 'cos I know how it feels like. BigWildPhoto Adventures was born from the need to share experiences.
But now 1,5 years later I'm starting to see that even though there's a lot of interest about my trips, the real customers are missing. There's not enough to make this profitable. The common reasons are too many fears or the lack of money/time. I know these things 'cos I've lived under those circumstances. The first three trips that I made mostly by myself I funded with my credit card. I didn't really have the money. And especially the first trip I was shit scared :) After I started running my own studio I had to close it for the trips and clear my schedule, so I really even had the time to go. But every time the urge to see, feel and capture something new and exciting was bigger than the excuses not to do it.
Me and the midnight sun in Lappland 2010
There isn't really another moment to act but now. Future is not set and past is not coming back. This summer might be last time I arrange these trips. So if you want to go to a safari in Kenya with a guide that is truly passionate about what he does send me a message. We are only few people short to make the 1st trip(starting July 22nd) to come true.
Next week I'll be traveling to Norway-Lapland filming some commercial work, landscapes and maybe whales and also trying some gold digging :) but you should reach me via email. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment