Friday, May 24, 2013

Let's make new friends!

2013 Mike - my best friend
2005 Suzuki maruti - my only friend
In 2005 when I first got the idea to go to a safari in Africa, I wasn't planning to go alone. After I did some research about Kenya/Tanzania and the parks in there, I asked my cousin to come with me. The more I thought about the trip and the exciting things that was coming the more I grew into it. And when my cousin told me he couldn't come with me I was a bit shocked but not much. I was completely trapped by the idea and feeling of DIY African adventure. It was a one way street for me now. He was much more experienced traveller than I and I had been relying to that, so I knew that I had to make all the decisions. Nobody in my family/friends thought that going alone was a good idea. Even my father told me to jump under a train here in Finland, cos it's a much easier way to end your life than going to Kenya alone ;) But somehow I wanted to take pictures of wild animals so much more than to listen others advices(who had never done something like that). The trip became more important than who I was doing it with.
So I travelled alone and without a clue to Kenya, but returned with a ton of experiences, photos, stories and a new friend.

There was a buddy-discount for the trips this year, but I took it off. Now everybody gets the 100€ discount if you join our adventure now and I promise that you have more friends after the trip ;)
Do the dare and book yourself a story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment